Welcome to Homemade Happy Hour at Ginger Bear Kitchen! From now on Thursday will be Homemade Happy Hour day, where I will share a recipe for a small plate/appetizer or a new cocktail recipe — sometimes both. Homemade Happy Hour is inspired by my love for little tastes of lots of things. I love tapas bars and places that serve little happy hour appetizer plates. I have a big stack of appetizer recipes to share, so keep coming back for Homemade Happy Hour Thursdays!
These quinoa patties are crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside. I enjoyed them hot out of the oven as well as straight from the fridge as an afternoon snack. The tzatziki sauce compliments them so well, but they are also tasty on their own. The tzatziki sauce is not super thick, it is light and perfect with these patties.
The quinoa patties were also delicious heated and served with over-easy eggs for breakfast.
Recipe adapted from 101 Cookbooks.
- 1 ¼ cups cooked quinoa
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped spinach
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- lemon juice from ½ lemon to taste
- Peheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix quinoa and eggs. Add onions, garlic, parsley, spinach, cumin, salt and pepper and mix.
- Stir in baking powder and bread crumbs and allow the mixture to sit for about 5 minutes so that the bread crumbs absorb some of the moisture and flavors.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Form into patties by making 2 tablespoon balls and then pressing down to make patties about an inch thick. Place on oiled cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes (or until bottoms are nicely browned), then flip and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients and mix in food processor.