I put a few slices of this bread under the broiler to crisp them up and then spread these mashed garbanzo beans on top. This dip is fantastic both warm and at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten’s Barefoot Contessa Foolproof
- 1 15 ounce can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ⅛ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put rinsed garbanzo beans in food processor with chicken broth and pulse until garbanzo beans are coarsely chopped but not pureed.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and saute the sun dried tomatoes and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add garbanzo beans and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.