Fried okra is something that makes me think of my dad. I know that I’ve mainly talked about how my mom influences and helps my cooking but here are some food things that my dad is awesome at: grilling anything, fried chicken and the best BBQ sauce ever. Thanks Dad!
For this recipe I used frozen okra that I allowed to thaw before frying. I used buttermilk to moisten the okra, but you could also use a beaten egg. I had waaay extra flour mixture for the amount of okra I made so feel free to cut it in half.
Stay tuned for the introduction of Homemade Happy Hour and warm, gooey chocolate with raspberry sauce.
- 1 cup frozen chopped okra
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- oil for frying
- Allow okra to thaw most of the way.
- Mix flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat until flour sizzles vigorously when sprinkled in the oil.
- Dip okra pieces in buttermilk, then cover with flour mixture and fry in oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Keeleigh had her first big day out this past weekend! We spent the day out ice climbing at Palisade Falls in Hyalite Canyon. She loved it and was real tuckered out at the end of the day.