Welcome to week two of Homemade Happy Hour here at Ginger Bear Kitchen! This week I went for bacon-wrapped. Bacon is such a crowd pleaser and can be wrapped around almost anything. It transforms dishes. It provides a mouth-watering appetizer when combined with something sweet like dates. Bacon is undeniably fantastic wrapped around chicken or seafood and it can make anyone like asparagus. But, meat and potatoes is one of those perfect combinations.
These poppers are heavenly. Crispy bacon wrapped around a creamy, almost mashed potato like, center that melts in your mouth. And it doesn’t stop there, dip that salty smooth popper into a spicy chipotle mayonnaise…yeah, amazing.
I could imagine serving these with eggs and eating them for breakfast. A new way to have your bacon, eggs and potatoes.
For another perfectly paired bacon-wrapped recipe check out these bacon wrapped scallops from Framed Cooks. Thanks to Peggy for introducing me to this food blog!
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12-16 slices of bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 chipotles in adobe sauce
- 3 tablespoons adobe sauce
- lime juice from ½ lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a cooling rack or other wire rack on top of a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Put chopped potatoes and some salt into a pot and add cover with cold water. Put on the stove and bring water to a boil. Once the water boils, cook potatoes for 2-3 minutes until a fork can easily pierce the potato. (You don’t want to cook the potatoes too much or they will turn to mush by the time this recipe is finished.)
- Drain the potatoes and mix in a bowl with the olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Cut each slice of bacon into halves or thirds (depends on the size of your slices) and wrap each potato with a strip of bacon. Secure bacon with a toothpick.
- Place bacon wrapped potatoes on the prepared wire rack and bake for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is cooked and slightly crisped (you won’t need to flip them because of the wire rack).
- Serve with chipotle mayonnaise.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth