There are some things that are just meant to be together: cheese & bread, chocolate & peanut butter, mashed potatoes & gravy, grilled cheese & tomato soup, raspberries & chocolate, oreos & milk….peanut butter & jelly. Now add cookies.
I love these cookies. It’s a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in dessert form. Peanut butter cookies are already one of my favorite cookies and the addition of jelly steps it up to a whole new level. There’s nothing more to say, they’re delicious!
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- your favorite jelly or jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and both sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a smaller bowl and then slowly beat into the wet ingredients.
- Scoop a heaping teaspoon of dough onto cookie sheets and press the top of each with the back-side of a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and cool on rack.
- Wait until cookies are fully cooled and then spread with jelly or jam and make sandwiches.